Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Heather and Abrams are here!!!

YAY!! I am so excited to have someone from home visiting me!! Late last night I picked up Heather and Abrams at LAX (their flight was an hour late so I slept in my car in a parking garage...the true classy thing to do). We came home and pretty much went straight to bed.
This morning we woke up early and they drove with me to work. They came onto the lot and I showed them the office, the Ellen stage and we took a long golf cart tour of the backlot and sets for Gilmore Girls, Spiderman and other movies with the other interns. I hadn't had the time to look that in depth and take pictures and go inside the houses and stuff so it was really cool. Plus Austin had recently taken the offical WB Studio Tour so he remembered a lot of the information and acted as our tour guide. We also just latched onto a real tour group and listened to that guide (shh...they'll never know). :) It was so much fun showing them around and taking funny pictures. I think they really liked seeing the stage especially. We may have converted Mr. Tough Guy Abrams into a stalkeresque Ellen fan. Success! Haha, it was a great morning and we finished it with a round of ping-pong in the office and lunch at the Com.
This afternoon H and A went to Venice Beach while I finished my day at work. I researched celebrities, they researched suntanning; I answered phones, they answered the call of the ocean; I saw Ellen's face all over the walls, they saw beach babes and muscle men. Basically, as you can tell, our afternoons were exactly the same. Then they came back to pick me up at work and we headed home. I've never seen someone so eager to get rid of car keys haha...I don't think Abrams liked driving in LA. We were all really tired from our sorry excuse for a night's worth of sleep so we decided on an easy, early night in. We went to Del Taco (Heather's first Mexican fast-food experience) and then baked homemade low-fat cheesecake brownies from a book Heather brought me. They were DELICIOUS! (And the roommies were all really grateful.) Now we've planned an exciting, touristy, fun-filled day for tomorrow...but you'll have to wait for another blog to hear what's in store! I shall leave you with a quote from the oh-so-wise Miley Cyrus, "Never aviod trying new things. Remember, an amateur built the arc and a professional built the Titanic." (Ooo...burn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment