Monday, July 13, 2009

Six Flags

Yep! Today Erin, Austin and I went to the famed Six Flags Magic Mountain. I have never seen a park with so many roller coasters! There were literally 15 in one park! I don't actually ride a lot of roller coasters (I won't ride ones that go upside down) but we had a really great time. My favorite was the Terminator coaster which is wooden but REALLY fast! I've never been on a coaster that has speakers that talk to you throughout the ride and had fire and mist shooting out at you. It was really cool! I also really liked the BMX Stunt show we saw. They had 3 guys on motorbikes riding circles in a metal spherical cage...it was insane! I could have sworn someone was going to die. The half-pipe was really cool too and the skateboarders, rollerbladers and BMX bikers were so rad. Of course I had an ICEE, my favorite thing to eat at theme parks.
We got some fun pictures with the characters and saw a full grown man with a Giga Pet hooked on his belt. I'm guessing he's foreign and the fad is just hitting over there? Let's hope that's the case since there's no other reasonable explaination. We spent almost the whole day there and went home exhausted because they rode all the coasters and it was pretty darn hot. The lines were pretty short though which made it easier to do more. The weather is nicer in Burbank because it's closer to the coast but today I discovered just how hot the desert is. I've got a really looong day tomorrow with an early start so I'm hitting the sack. In honor of the new Harry Potter movie coming out Wednesday, I'm falling asleep to HP: Goblet of Fire. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment