Monday, July 6, 2009

"You're the coolest sister ever!"

Yes, ladies and gentleman...that is a direct quote from my sister, Amanda Noriega. Sure enough, my job officially makes me the coolest sister ever. No matter that she has top-secret government clearance or just got a job working with NASA...I let her sit in Ellen's chair! Haha, today I took Amanda to the WB lot and showed her around. We went to the stage, the office, and spent lots of time just golf-carting randomly around the backlot and listening to the official tour guides by piggybacking on their tours. Amanda kept saying she felt like we were going to get in trouble any minute. She thought it was very cool that we had free reign and were unaccompanied. Yeah, I'm such a boss. We went into the WB museum on the lot and got to see props and costumes from TONS of different movies like Mummy, Miss Congeniality, The Departed, The Matrix etc. The second floor was devoted entirely to Harry Potter which was...AMAZING of course. (I should note: the Sorting Hat put me in Slytherin...apropo?) The whole time I was at the museum looking and touching all these cool clothes that famous actors wore, I kept thinking, "Tricia would KILL to be here" haha. Sadly, Tricia is a wussy and won't fly on a plane so she won't get to experience the awesome WB lot tour and museum a la Hilary. However, Amanda did not dissapoint.
It was like taking an Amish kid to a candy store! Her face lit up with every new thing we did or saw...it was great!! She LOVED the whole 5 1/2 hours we spent wandering the stage and lot. That's what I call a deluxe tour. It was so much fun to see her get all excited so I'm glad I got to show her around. It's once in a lifetime you get the chance to dance over Ellen's table, play ping-pong on her table, ride her bike and use her megafone. The chance you get when your super-cool sister works there. :) Overall, Amanda had a blast and got some sweet pictures so the tour was a total success.
Afterwards, we went to Menchie's (and by "we" I mean me because Amanda punked out) and then picked up Austin and drove through the Hollywood Hills to see the Hollywood sign. Luckily it was easy to find since I had just been there. We took some pictures then dropped Austin back off and went home. Tonight Amanda requested authentic Mexican food so we tried a place that one of the producers at work recommended to me. Talk about authentic! The salsa was so spicy Amy and I couldn't eat it and the food was incredible! The best part was how the entire Mexican restaurant was adorned with American flag paraphanalia covering every inch of the mexican decor up. Overcompensating perhaps? Well it worked; they may have had margaritas that were straight mexican tequila but we didn't dare question their loyalty to the good ol' U.S. of A. Once we returned home we tried watching a movie (Entraptment if you must know....gosh -must you know every detail?) but we were all too tired and ended the movie early to go to bed. My overexcited sister wore herself out and is sleeping soundly as I blog dutifully. We're up very early tomorrow for an interesting and comical LA experience on which I will report tomorrow.
P.S. Pray for my mommy who tore her hamstring this weekend. She's on crutches and won't be able to do any dog trials for a few months. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment