Friday, July 3, 2009

Universal Studios...

...Hollywood style. The title says it all. Today we 3 crazy kids spent the day at Universal Studios Hollywood the "Entertainment Capital of LA" (self-proclaimed). We had a lot of fun and the weather was absolutely perfect! High of 79, no clouds, no humidity and a light breeze. Most of the rides are very similar to Orlando including Jurassic Park, The Mummy, The Simpsons etc but they are all just a little different. The shows were pretty cool too. We saw an animal actors show, an Earthquake type show and several 3-D, 4-D, simulator shows. (Soap box - the 4th dimension is time, so how can they call spraying you with water 4-D?) Anyhow, we had a lot of fun and spent 9 hours at the park making sure we got everything in.
My favorite thing hands-down was the Universal Backlot Tour. Most of the big studios in LA have tours of their lots (including mine, the WB lot) but Universal's is a long ordeal and sine they made their lot into a theme park, they made the backlot tour into a "ride" so it's really great! We drove down Wysteria Lane from Desperate Housewives and saw where Ghost Wisperer and Conan film as well as movies like the Mummy, Pirates and lots of Hitchcock classics. Very cool stuff! The whole park is smaller than Orlando but they crammed quite a lot in there. We were so exhausted from our busy day that we decided to nix our big dinner plans and just make pasta at home. Of course, top of my "LA List" to share with people is my love for Fro-Yo so we had to hit Pinkberry after dinner so I could spread the love. Heather and Abrams both loved it, as I knew they would. It's irresitable! :)
I'm waking up quite early tomorrow to go pick up Amanda from the airport. That's right, my incredibly level-headed, stingy sister made a crazy, spontaneous decision to buy a plane ticket and come visit me for a few days!! I can't wait to show her around too! I'm starting to feel like a cruise director planning activities for guests but I love having the company. :) Now I know how Aunt Sharon and Uncle Gary must feel at Hotel de Proctor in St. Louis. So because my lovely sister is flying in so early...I must get to bed immediately. Heather and Abrams already beat me to their air mattress those lucky ducks.
P.S. Many of you have expressed concern for my emotional state upon hearing the news of Kevin Jonas' engagement to long-time girlfriend Danielle. It was expected and therefore I am fine. No tears were shed, I promise haha. I'll just have to find myself another clean-cut, goody-goody, attractive, rich and famous rock star to marry- no sweat! (Currently taking applications if you know any...)

No comments:

Post a Comment