Sunday, July 26, 2009

Horseback Ride!

This morning I slept in to recover from the busy weekend I had in San Diego. But this afternoon was something I've had on my list since the beginning and so glad I finally got to do!! It's call the Sunset Ranch Famous Dinner Ride. You horseback ride through the gorgeous Hollywood Hills next to the Hollywood sign and through Griffith Park down to a Mexican restaurant where you stop and eat (and drink really good margaritas haha). Then you ride back watching the sunset. It was the coolest thing! I went with Amy and a group of the other law firm summer associates. My horse's name was Sherlock because he was really smart at untying himself from the posts. I was one of the only experienced riders in the group so it was pretty funny watching some of them, like Shaia, struggle with their mounts and get nervous. But it was a really chill ride and we had such a fantastic time! I miss horseback riding so much so I was so excited to have a 3 hour ride today. On the way back everyone had had a margarita so we really enjoyed belting out Disney and eighties and nineties songs as we serenaded the hills, our horses and the unlucky but amused guides with our off-key yet charming renditions. Amy's law firm friends are really nice and we all had a great time. It makes me miss riding and showing though. I wish I had the time and resources to get back into it but there's not much of a chance of that in Gainesville. Maybe someday. I'm so glad Amy let me go with them because that's just one more check off my list. Yay!
P.S. Quote of the night:
Law associate: "Wow Brad, the horses are really attracted to you!"
Brad the Birthday Boy: "I wish!"
Everyone else: (silence) HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment