Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spain Flashback

Today I had a day-long flashback to my last trip to Spain. It turns out that 2 of the girls I met over there on my last trip now live in LA!! So thanks to the glory of Facebook, we hooked up and spent the day on Malibu beach. It was so funny reliving the funny memories and catching up on each other's lives. Ashley's from San Diego and works in advertising in Orange County. Marina's from Ukraine but has been living in NY and just moved out here to do graphic design. It's so cool that we've all stayed in touch and landed in the same city! So we caught up and got some sun in Malibu which is the best beach for people watching/judging. (Admit it, it's the same thing and everybody does it.)
After the beach Ashley and I went out for sushi and to a cool ice cream place called Scoops. Different than my beloved froyo, this place is known for crazy weird flavors like Bacon, Rosewater and Lavendar. I wasn't very adventurous though so I got Carmel Hazelnut and White Chocolate Mint. It was quite delicious, especially after I drowned it in sprinkles as I love to do. :) I was telling Ashley about the sprinkle shots I like to take with my roommates at school and the cashier challenged me so I took one in front of him and he gave me my ice cream for free. :) Getting anything in LA for free is a big deal haha.
I'm glad I had them to keep me company today since Amy's in Vegas for the weekend with some work friends. We've still got a full house here though with Ashleigh's husband and brother here, Hannah's friend and boyfriend here, and Shaia's mom here. Lots of visitors right now at the Lion's Den! What can I say? It's the cool place to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment