Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just Another Ordinary Day

Today was actually a really boring day. The highlight was sitting in the research room watching Knocked Up and Fools Gold on HBO on Demand. Exactly what I do at home. But we did go through some funny fan mail. Someone sent an entire vegan meal, I got lots of cuzies, travel cups, a Mickey Mouse ball cap, bath products, a record and a cool sign to hang on my wall. People send the most random stuff but it all goes to the free pile so I get to take it home! Basically all day we did fan mail and research. The good news is, all the research is caught up from our time off. The bad news is that's usually our fallback when we're in between projects so I hope somebody has something for us tomorrow. The one interesting thing we did was go around and take name placards off the doors of people who aren't coming back. WOW! There is a huge turn-around of people either leaving voluntarily or getting fired. Apparently that's pretty common in this business but it's sure scary for those of us who want in. Try pulling someone's nametag down while they're sitting in the office watching you. No wonder some people don't like interns.
Tonight I wrote some postcards, watched a few episodes of Nurse Jackie on HBO, read some of Kristin Chenoweth's book 'A Little Bit Wicked' (which I of course got from the free pile) and did my laundry. I did hit up Menchie's with some Radio Disney friends just to see the sunlight a little bit. I was starting to feel like a shut-in. Amy just got back from a cool film at the Hollywood Bowl so I'm going to chat with her for a bit and then go to bed. I know, so exciting I can barely sit still.
P.S. If you want a random laugh...check out this video the interns took when we went to Disneyland last week, of a kid desperately fighting sleep at about 3pm while her family eats lunch and ignores her. Make special note of the mother's death stare at Erin and me for laughing so hard we were crying. Then listen to me try to change the topic so she wouldn't come steal my camera. Ohhh man. Oops! Hahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ_0895F1Ew

No comments:

Post a Comment