Friday, July 17, 2009

AVP Pros

That's right...I'm a pro. Okay, not exactly me...but I saw a few legitimate pros today! Austin and I drove down to Manhattan beach for the day to watch the best beach volleyball players in the country tear up the sand. The Crocs AVP Pro Tour is in LA for the weekend and I wanted to see some Olypians show me how beach volleyball is really played. It was so cool! They set up tents everywhere along the pier with free giveaways by sponsors and there were 4 courts of play. The best match we caught was Dalhausser and Rodgers who are the Olympic Gold Medal winners from last year. They were awesome!! Dalhausser is 6'10" and has a crazy wingspan...his blocks were crazy rad! I have to admit watching all those volleyball made me miss playing myself. I hope I get on a good intramural team in the fall.
In true LA fasion...I got an AWESOME spontaneous opportunity tonight. One of my Radio Disney friends had an extra ticket to the Demi Lovato concert tonight (that I really wanted to go to but didn't get tickets in time) and he offered it to me! He was working the event so he got in free. It was fantastic!! In my opinion she tries to act a little too mature and serious for her age but she puts on a great show. She's fun to watch on stage and I of course know all the words to her songs (she is Disney afterall). So now I am happy and tired and ready to fall asleep singing the cheerful pop/rock tunes of an "angsty" teen who's fame has caused such a hardship in her life that she has a broken heart to write and sing about. (Nope, I'm not bitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment