Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"...Come on down!"

Okay...so we didn't actually hear our names called before that infamous statement...but we did hear it! Several times in fact because today we went to a taping of The Price Is Right. Austin is really into it and talked us into going so Amanda, Taylor, Austin and I woke up early to go to the CBS lot for the taping. I can tell you all...the set is SOOO RIDICULOUS! It is the most tacky-tastic, hilarious, straight-out-of-the-70's, gaudy but so funny set I could possibly have imagined. I've never really seen the show but this experience was a necessary one for LA and outrageously hilarious. The people who go to this show are insane!! The stuff they wear, the "schticks" they try to put forth, the things they do and of course, the crazy excitement they exude just made it the most entertaining experience ever. I am so glad I went. Amanda and I were really glad we did not get called up since we didn't know how to play any of the games or how much stuff cost. But it was great to watch! I seriously felt like I had time-traveled back into an artificial 70's game show. I half expected Fez or Foreman to walk out or to look down a see my own floral print housedress. Drew Carrey was fairly entertaining too in between takes and during commercial breaks but I have to say - dude looked old! But he is engaged to a woman with a kid (he was very forthcoming about his personal life) so I guess he's doing alright for himself.
After such a preposterous and exciting morning, we ate lunch at the Farmer's Market/The Grove and then went our seperate ways. Amanda and I decided to go celebrity house-hunting in the afternoon. You can't really see much of the houses but you can see the front gates and the tops of the houses. We saw everyone from Tom Cruise to David Boreanaz to the Playboy Mansion and Jodie Foster. My personal favorite was Ellen's house though. We didn't realize her house was on a personal street so we turned onto it and dead-ended into her driveway. While Amanda's taking pictures out the window we hear that ominous speaker voice say a very menacing, "Can I help you?". Ohhhhh snap! We freaked out but I had to 3-point turn to get out of there so it took a little bit. It was so scary! A complete invasion of privacy of course but hey, we didn't realize it was a private drive! So we came up with a couple of possible scenarios for what will become of this...each getting progressively worse. A) The gate guy will think "stupid Florida tourists" B) The gate guy will show my photo to Ellen's personal assistant Craig who knows me C) The guy who's voice we heard at the gate was Craig D) They took down my lisence plate number and are reporting me for stalking (which would be totally ironic seeing as how things I've done to get close to the Jonas Brothers have been far more intense and illegal) or E) Ellen gets a restraining order against me and I never get to meet her. :( So far, none of the above have occured but it was a funny situation anyhow.
My WONDERFUL parents sent me an awesome package with gift cards for food out here (YAY!). Their only request (or should I say demand) was that I use them to get vegetables (My mom is concerned with my overload of fro-yo intake). So, per request, Amanda and I went to Boston Market and ate our veggies so we'd grow big (well, not Amanda) and have good eyesight (well, not Amanda). Mom, I sent you a picture message as proof! Thank you thank you for the gift cards!! Free food is always appreciated. :) Tomorrow Amanda departs and I will be very sorry to see her go. It's been straight go-go-go for the last week with all my friends in town but I've really loved being busy and doing so many exciting things around LA so it will be very lonely around here when she leaves. Still, she's trying to remain on East Coast time so we're going to bed early (by we I mean she's already asleep and I'm heading that way). Until tomorrow..."You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!"

No comments:

Post a Comment