Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meet Me In St. Louis, Louis!

Meet me at the fair... lalala. If you're thoroughly confused right now, you need to work on your broadway music education. :) Today I only worked a half day at Ellen but it was a fun one. The interns made a rap song using GarageBand with full-on sound mixing and effects that sounded AWESOME! No kidding it sounds like a professional song. We wrote it for Megan and Gabi because they asked for a theme song for a fashion show they want to do like the one Kelly Ripa does. We played it for them and they thought it was a perfect use of our intern time. That is why I love my job. :)
We also did some more phone calls in the audience department which turned into something really great for me. The audience coordinator told us today that if we ever want tickets just to let her know! YAY! That means I can bring my friend and family and anyone who wants to fly out to LA to see a show taping. But the coolest part is...I was asked to work the show (paid) when they film at Universal in Orlando this year!! Tricia and I went in past years and didn't get tickets but saw the musical acts and had soooo much fun so we were planning on going again last year. Then they didn't do shows in Orlando because of budget cuts. But the good news is my insider information tells me they are bringing it back this year and I get to work it!! That also means I will probably get some tickets to give to a few friends if they want to see it (Tricia? hehe). I am really excited for that though because it's the perfect way to keep in touch with the crew so I can get hired next year. AND it's perfect because I'll be able to see all my friends again without a plane ticket.
Speaking of plane ticket, I left early today because I flew out to St. Louis. It's so lonely when you fly by yourself but now I'm back on my Aunt and Uncle's lake house (from the first few blogs) hanging out with their family and my parents and sister. We all flew out from different cities and met up here to hang out for the weekend and have some nice "family togetherness time". I'm looking forward to boating and eating real food that I don't have to prepare in a microwave!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH ELLEN IS COMING BACK TO ORLANDO!!! Every year my mom and I have tried to get tickets and we never have any luck. This year when we looked into it...we couldn't believe she was coming. My mom keeps telling me to ask you if she was ever gonna come again and now I have to tell her the good news....AHHH I want to call for tickets now!!

    Love,

    Your favorite Mentor

    ReplyDelete