Sunday, July 5, 2009

Universal...squared

Today was another day of wee sleep. I woke up at 4:30am to take Heather and Abes to the airport and after a very sad farewell, drove the long way home with my vision blurred by tears. Not really, but I was very sorry to see them go. I had a great visit with them and I m miss them already! Heather tells me she's already missing the fro-yo. (See people, I'm not making this up. It's an experience.)
Since my 1 day ticket got me in a second day free, Amanda and I went to Universal Studios Hollywood today. The difference? A few thousand people. There was no one there!! It was so nice that it wasn't very crowded and it made it much easier to see everything. We saw all the shows but one and went on every ride...several times each! We even walked right on to The Mummy 3 times in a row! You should have seen Amanda's face the first time when they shot us out in the beginning. Classic! The lack of tourists was amazing considering the fact that when I was there Friday, the wait was over 65 minutes. So Amanda got to see the Universal Studios backlot tour, the last of the backlot tours of LA that she hadn't seen in her 5 past trips out here. (Yeah that's right...my family totally left me in FL twice on trips to LA.) So now Amanda's seen them all and is a genius when it comes to backlot tours.
We finished our repeat rides and shows and were home by five. Then we changed and went out to dinner with Amy at The Grove/Farmers Market. Austin met us over there too and we all had a nice dinner. We even had Nutella crepes (THE BEST...if you've never tried one...find them) which was a total throwback to our trip to France. (Ahh, how I miss you Europe.) After dinner I FINALLY joined the rest of the under 30 world and saw The Hangover. FUNNY! It was stupid funny and at a times a little ridiculous but it was still hilarious. (Mom - you won't like it) Now it's time for bed and Amanda's bunking on the airmattress in my room. Who's sleeping at who's feet now sis?!?! Muuuahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment