Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 2 Begins

Today began Week 2 with Ellen. It's nice now that I'm more comfortable with the layout of the maze-like office and the people in it. The more time I spend with them the cooler they are. I love that we can joke and make fun of each other and be completely relaxed instead of nervous around my bosses. Even the higher-ups are very chill which makes for a calming work environment. Today we interns spent most of the day working on getting merchandise together for the trip to Chicago. Ellen's is filming her TBS comedy special next Wednesday in Chicago and they're planning to sell merchandise while she's there. Everybody on staff who's going is flying out by tomorrow. It'll be weird not to have anyone we're used to reporting to around the office. I can only assume they'll leave us a nice long laundry list of things to do.

One big project coming up, now that we've started sorting through merchandise to ship to Chicago for the special, is we're going to be organizing the entire merch store. It is quite the undertaking but my OCD side is really going to enjoy the super organized sorting, re-categorizing and taking inventory. I'm so lame I just get excited thinking about it. Nothing feels better than an overly organized, neat room where everything is in its place. Well...maybe a good pedicure but it would have to be really good. :) We'll probably start that project tomorrow. The good part is we're doing it all in the "rif raf" room which, if you watch the show, you know is the overflow room where they put people for concerts and big star appearances so they can have more guests. That means we get to spend more time on the stage which just has a cool vibe to it. We also get to spend time with the stage cat, Smokey. Yes, there is a grey tabby cat who lives on the stage. Literally, they leave food, water and a climbing house for him on the stage whenever they aren't filming. He's very cute but kind of shy. And he doesn't like the music we blast when we're working back there. Ellen has a wicked good speaker system. :) The really cool thing about doing this merch store inventory is that old merchandise or things we have a lot of...we can just take! YES! Freebies baby! I'm going to come home with an entire suitcase of Ellen stuff after this summer is over. The array of random items with "Ellen" printed on them is astonishing...and funny. My personal favorite are the "Ellen, Live. Dance. Love." thongs and boxer briefs.

Amy, Shaia and I went to Yogurtland tonight for a treat. It's even better than Pinkberry! I had 4 frozen yogurt flavors and 9 toppings!! You serve yourself and then just weigh it at the end so you can get small amounts of anything you want. Note: Nerds are only good accutrement with fruit and simple flavors, while Oreos, Nilla wafers, Reese's, Cookie dough bites and cheesecake bites are better with the specific flavored froyo. I'm guessing you're now all either a) thouroughly confused or b) really craving frozen yogurt. Go with b). Anyway, it was absolutely delicious. As for my internet/cable situation. We found out today that the shows we DO record on our DVR in the living room can't be watched. They skip frame by frame until you want to throw the beastly technology back at Anthony Wood and curse him for being such a tease. So...when the boody Time Warner tool comes out SUNDAY, he'll have to fix that too. Because he darn well won't be leaving this house until I am fully satisfied that EVERY last peice of technology is functioning to my exact specifications. Speaking of functioning...our washer still is not. The plumber came today and "fixed" it so Amy nicely restarted my laundry only to find a few minutes later...the laundry room was flooded again. That ladies and gentleman is what you call an EPIC FAIL. It's what I call typical L.A. service. Hopefully he'll come tomorrow and actually do something useful before my clothes mold. Other than that...life is good. I'm missing my friends and family some but work's keeping my busy. And I'm sure that'll pass when I finally have my second family (those close personal friends I interact with through a square box with moving pictures) back in my life. Love you all!

P.S. Special shout-out to all my law school bound friends for rocking the LSAT!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I don't remember you liking organizing your bedroom at home any... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember of her room covered with clothes and thought "Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?"

    ReplyDelete