Monday, June 15, 2009

New Jonas Album!

That's right folks...today is a monumental day because the Jonas Brother's 4th album came out!!! I, of course, have already downloaded it and listened to it all. The boys went with more brass and piano-heavy songs which I'm really enjoying. I think they're maturing in their artistic style. It's not quite the same cookie-cutter pop rock they usually do but I really like that they're branching out. The songs are great! Question is...will the stupid little girls who their fame depends on dig the new sound? I'm guessing they're immature little ears will love anything.

As for what I did today, it was a nice day off. Aside from the abrupt and unpleasant wake-up call, I had a nice relaxing day. It was productive in my opinion. I spent the morning sorting through all my Ellen swag and then went to UPS and sent some of it out to those of you who requested things so look out for that. I had so much stuff it literally took me 2 1/2 hours at the UPS store to pack and ship everything! Wow! I grabbed some Pinkberry (fro-yo) on the way home and got gas ($3.08/gallon!). I caught up with a few friends on the phone and went for a run since the weather was so nice. The plumbers re-did all the pipes under the house so once I got home I was able to start my laundry. I did three loads so it's a good thing they came when I did or I'd be wearing my new Ellen wardrobe everywhere. When Amy got home from work we hung out a while since we hadn't talked since she got home from her fancy Catalina weekend. Basically her stories just made me even more jealous, but I'm glad she had fun. Tonight I put together my "L.A. To-Do" list so I can get started on that this week/weekend. I don't want to run out of time to do all the cool things the area has to offer. I'll start planning some of that tomorrow. I also e-mailed several professors at USC so arrange meetings to talk about grad school programs out here and possible assistantships. So I can't say the day was really interesting but it was productive.

Now it's time to fall asleep to the sounds of Nick, Joe and Kevin serenading me. "Everyone's allergic to poison ivy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment