Sunday, June 7, 2009

Soap Box....GO!

First off...SO sorry I didn't blog last night! I realize my lack of witty writing just RUINED everyone's daily routine (dad), but I had no access to the internet. Here's what's going on. After all my hard work with Time Warner and playing "hardball" with multiple supervisors to drag someone's butt out to hook up our internet yesterday, it was a major FAIL. They apparently sent the most incompetent person currently employed at that sorry excuse for a company to come "hook us up". I wasn't home so when I returned from Radio Disney in the morning, I was elated to see that glorious beacon of mobile light coming from the screen in our living room. I full-on did a happy dance and teared up with joy. Then, life slapped me in the face with a big "take that Hilary." The cable in my room doesn't work. The cable in Amy's room works. The cable in Sheia's room works. The cable in the living room works. The cable in my room...the ONE member of this household with a diagnosable addiction to the tube...still doesn't work. We specifically asked for him to set it up and he left the cord hanging from the wall without checking to see if it worked in my TV. Guess what? It doesn't. So I spent a good chunk of both today and yesterday on the phone with them troubleshooting until they finally decided they need to send a technician out....wait for it...NEXT WEEKEND. Kill. Me. Now. I am so unbelievably fed up with Time Warner. So basically, I can record the most important of my shows on the living room TV but with no furniture yet, it's kind of hard to enjoy watching them out there. Plus, I'm sharing it with my roommates so I can't be a hog. I have to wait another week to have my media center computer and TV set up. Another whole week. I think part of my soul is dead and can't be returned. Some of the episodes I've missed aren't online or youtube. So another week of mourning and me complaining to all of you on this lovely blog is in store. Lucky you. :)

We're also having internet issues as I mentioned before. I spent a hot second (by hot second I really mean several hours) setting up the wireless that the braindead TW fool didn't set up for us and finally got it to work. I guess some of those engineering/science genes made it to me afterall. Unfortunately, after we thought we'd purchased a hardcore router, the signal won't reach a lot of the house. Basically, it only works well in the living room. But because the problem is with the router, the oh-so-helpful TW people can't come fix it. We have to talk to the router people and solve it over the phone. It turned into too big of a project for today. Since I work all day during the week, I probably won't be able to fully handle it until next weekend. As someone so nicely pointed out to me...this has been the most complicated sublet ever haha. I need my desktop set up to access and work on my L.A. To-Do list which I plan to complete and begin executing next weekend. Here's hoping.

Tonight I did some reading and watched the Lakers/Magic game in Amy's room. We also went for mani/pedis and to Pinkberry. It's a really popular fro-yo place out here frequented by the likes of my favorite teen role models Miley Cyrus and the HSM cast. It's actually really delicious! I wanted to get my room entirely, fully set up so I could start with a normal morning routine that involved TV and e-mail but obviously that didn't happen so we needed a house detox. Thanks everyone for the Tough Love opinions...it seems that friends are gung-ho and family members are pretty anti. I have a month to think about it before the official invites come out so feel free to comment with pro and con arguments because I'm going to need them to make the decision. I'm starting to stress about it too much so I'm going to let it simmer for a few days. But I still want your opinions! Tomorrow starts another cool week with Ellen but don't expect too many awesome "LA" moments. I can only spit the truth and the truth is I'll probably be doing a lot of the same things I did the first week for the rest of the summer. And supposedly I just got really lucky with my celeb sightings. We'll see! But boring or wicked gnarly (yes, I'm picking up on California lingo)...you'll hear about it. That's all for tonight! I know my dad's getting old (just check out all that grey hair) so I'll try to make sure I blog every night from here on out so he doesn't have a heart attack or anything. You know they say the elderly need a steady routine or they can't function. Maybe I should consider getting him one of those "emergency help" buttons for Father's Day. Something to think about.... Night! :)

1 comment:

  1. I miss the nightly blogs too. I see you are enjoying life in the big city, with the ever helpful big companies. I would love to hear more about the ranting hispanic women who talked TW into coming on a Saturday when they didn't want to.

    ReplyDelete