Sunday, June 21, 2009

Malibu Beach Babe!

Malibu is sooo pretty! The sand isn't quite as white as Florida but it's huge and the weather was incredibly beautiful. Perfect 80 degrees, no clouds, no humidity and a little windy. All 4 Ellen interns took a trip to Zuma Beach in Malibu for the day. We had a really great time!! We laughed, we cried, we belted out old school Brittany, N'SYNC and Backstreet and we had a fantastic time bonding. We met up at the studio parking lot and drove over together. It took about an hour to get there. We ate and then hung out tanning and chatting on the beach. We were really enjoying laughing at how accurate the reputation of "beach babes and muscle men" was in Malibu. That and the CRAZY sexy houses out there. I realize they're ridiculously expensive, but WOW - they are sick! Literally right on a giant drop off to the beach. The view from those mansions must be insane! We "played" some beach volleyball (I use the work played lightly since our two-on-two game only got the ball back and forth twice in over an hour haha) and walked up and down and observed the other Malibu "bods" haha. You'll notice that I didn't mention any swimming during this outing. That's because the water was like 60 DEGREES!! It was SO cold and after putting a foot it...there was NO way I was jumping in. Erin and Taylor were braver though and they played in the surf while Austin and I watched on and questioned their sanity.
After the beach we drove home to the sounds of S-Club 7 and New Kids on the Block. Then we got some yummy Chinese takeout and some Menchie's (I know, you're shocked!) and headed back to my place. We watched a movie and hung out a little longer before they drove home. The beach tends to be draining so I'm sure we'll all sleep well tonight. I'm hoping no one got too burnt because we had a lot of fun spending the day together. Now it's time for a shower and sleep because I smell like beach and sunscreen (no skin cancer for me) and I have 2 weeks of receptionist duties ahead of me! Lonely. :(
Happy Father's Day to the BEST Dad I could have ever asked for!!

P.S. Feel free to call me randomly at work and chat for a minute. Or you could give me a hard time about asking if you can talk to Ellen or tell me your sob story or convince me you have the best joke to use on-air or complain that we don't feed the stage cat, Smokey. 818-954-5000. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment