Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello, Love.

Have you ever noticed how Brits use the most adorable endearments for just casual friends? Tony the DJ came by today and hung out in the office with us for a while. He's British so his accent is fantastic!! I love just listening to him talk, plus the fact that he was keeping me company at the front desk. I can tell this week is going to be REALLY slow. There are literally 6 people out of a normal in-season staff of 150 in the office. Luckily for us interns, it means hanging out and having fun with each other. I did get to watch Harry Potter, Twilight, and Yes, Man on the computer today. However, the highlight of my day was the impromptu intern dance party at the reception desk.
As for actual work, I'm doing on a project for Ross while he's gone. I'm compiling a list of all the upcoming DVD releases and contacting the producers to get free copies for the show. Too bad I'll never get to take advantage of those freebies. :( I'm also still going through resumes for him to interview when he gets back from vacation. And of course, I'm still on reception duty taking calls from the crazies and spending half my day giving the fanmail address or explaining why they are seeing re-runs. If you have time to sit and watch a 24 hour live feed of the stage, you need to get a life!
So I promised a report on the new intern. His name is Dante and he's actually very cool. We'd spent all this time coming up with funny ideas about him being terrible or overly flamboyant so that poor Austin was still stuck being the only one who didn't care about fashion and boys lol. Despite all our entertaining conjectures, he's a really normal, fun guy who seems to fit in well with our intern mojo. He came at a pretty boring time but I think he'll work hard like the rest of us when it gets busy again.
Tonight Amy and I shared some Ben and Jerry's ice cream and hung out. Then I did some more housecleaning/laundry and watched some TV. Heather and Abrams fly in tomorrow (in the middle of the night) and I can't wait for them to get here so we can do some awesome LA things!!! It's going to be so much fun and really busy. I'm already planning to give them a tour of the lot and Ellen office/stage, see the Hollywood sign, the Walk of Fame, the beach etc. It's going to be a busy few days but I'm looking forward to a peice of home out here on the West Coast. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. At least in Abrams's eyes you can't one-up my tour of the UF basketball complex I gave him! ;)

    ReplyDelete