Friday, June 5, 2009

I love LA!

Today was a day for the books. Today was a CRAZY fun day! First off, I woke up at 4:30am to get ready and go to my first Radio Disney event. We held a safety program/event at an elementary school in Toluca Lake. I enjoyed getting back into the Disney work. :) It's so different from the Radio Disney in Tampa. Here, every member of the team is required to know the choreography to all the High School Musical dances and words to songs so I fit right in. They kept talking about how they had to be taught it and I didn't offer up that I had voluntarily taught myself haha. The event was kind of tiring since it was so early in the morning but I liked the people I worked with. They're more structured out here but they've got corporate breathing down their necks since they're in LA so I can understand that. I work another event tomorrow so I'll get to meet more people. It's true what they say about people in LA though...every other person on the team today was either a struggling actor, dancer or singer working jobs like paiges and PAs trying to get into the business. It's a crazy world I tell ya.

After work I came home and showered. I spent 2 hours on the phone with 3 different supervisors for TimeWarner because I was not about to accept NEXT Saturday as the best they could do for installing out internet and cable. It was THEIR mistake not showing up on Thursday so I went all mad hispanic woman on them and 2 hours and several pointed (but not rude) comments later my demands were met. They're bringing in a whole other delivery person just for our order tomorrow. Yes, because of me someone who wasn't supposed to work tomorrow has to. Too bad! I need my internet and TV shows and it's their fault anyway. But I was rather proud of my accomplishment since Amy had tried the same thing earlier this morning to no avail. What can I say? I can be very persuasive. ;)

So...the "exciting" meeting I had today was, as many of you guess, for the reality show Tough Love. They called me asking for a final one-on-one video interview with the producer of the show. So today from 3-4 I sat with the producer of Tough Love explaining my sad, pathetic love life. WELL...I guess it all paid off because she "unofficially" told me (and I quote) "You're on the show." YES ladies and gentlemen...in about 4 weeks I will officially have a spot on Season 2 of VH1's Tough Love. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I am litterally incredulous and in shock. A reality show? Me? REALLY? YEAH RIGHT! I never thought I'd make it this far and up to this point it was all a joke. But now Jessica James the Almighty Persuader is trying ton convince me otherwise. What makes it worse is that the timing of the filming is actually relatively manageable. But the woman absolutely ate my story up and was obsessed with me which I find SO hilarious because I didn't even want this and SO many other girls really did. I can understand how my tale is unique though. Anyhow, I now have 1 month to decide if I'm insane enough to participate in this ridiculous charade. While it might be a good story, my main concerns are how it will affect my reputation and ability to be a professional and make a career. I've got time to think about it but I'd LOVE to hear your (my loving and brutally honest friends) opinions and arguments for what I should do. It would be right in between my internship and I'd miss Drop/Add at school. Plausible. So what do you guys think? Funny or a terrible idea? lol Everyone around me here is totally rooting hardcore for me to do it but I just don't know haha.

So after hearing that HILARIOUSLY entertaining news and making Jessica's day by calling her and telling her what a mockery she's made of my otherwise legitimate and simple life, I had more fun stuff to do! I changed in the car and went to pick up my friend and fellow intern Taylor to go see a taping of the Bill Engvall Show. This is my second time seeing this show filmed and I really love it. If you don't watch it, you should try it out. The new season premieres in July on TBS. The episode was really funny of course and the emcee was great which made it even more fun! She and I had a total blast! Afterwards I worked some of my glorious star magic by making friends with the lighting tech and DJ who gave me their cards and told me they can get me on to see any show that films at the CBS lot! YES PLEASE! I love making valuable friends. :) Thank God for my smile and shamelessly outgoing personality. We waited until the crowd died down before we left so on our way out...our new friends got the cast of the show to come over and talk to us and sign autographs!!! HAHA I love my life!! They were all really, really nice and I'm in love with the older son. I remember thinking he was the hottest guy I'd seen in a while last time and he didn't dissapoint this year. Yummy! :) It was SO cool meeting Tim Meadows from SNL who is on the show too. It was SO much fun and I really hope my connection pays off and I can see more shows before I head back. Problem is not too many film over the summer so we'll see.

Now I am home, relaxing and getting ready to go to bed. Before I go to sleep I need to film Amy in on my freaking awesome, hilarious, unbelievable day. Don't forget to leave your comments about the whole ridiculous Tough Love situation! I want to be entertained by your responses. I had a super busy day and will sleep well tonight. Well, happy and dreaming of my crazy, amazing life in LA. Night!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Hil. AWESOME and exciting, but not surprising...I knew when I read about your "finalist" status that you would be picked....there's only one you, girl. I have never seen "tough love" and have no advice. UG is worried they will spend the whole season trying to corrupt you. He suggests you talk to some of your Disney mentors to get their take on it.
    Hugs and Love,
    UG and ASH

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl - so i definitely think you should stay another semester at ellen if you have the chance. its really a great opportunity, and so what if you're just a semester behind at UF? you could take online classes from LA. i have a friend who interned in NY one semester at the conan o brian show..but they loved her so much that she got a full time job there after the internship, and when conan moved to LA, she got transferred to the jimmy fallon show! ridiculous and amazing. i really think it would be a great opportunity for you to stay at ellen..think about it!

    as for the reality show..i think it would also be a great opportunity, and you'd be semi famous lol. as long as you stay true to yourself during tapings and stuff you should be fine!! no one can change you , girl! i think it would be incredible! PLEASE DO IT!!! : ) - ERICA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilary,
    Holy smokes cuz, you are killing LA!!! i think you should totally do the show, if you think you can handle the fame/publicity its gonna bring to your personal life. since you crave the entertainment industry it sounds perfect though!!! Good luck cuz and keep up the killer work!!!
    Love, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do it! You are way better than them and they will just try to corrupt you and make you look bad to make themselves feel better. And I have to agree, it won't look very professional. Reality TV is fake and you are not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just want to exploit you, don't do it!

    ReplyDelete