Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 2 with Ellen

Day 2 on the Ellen show today! I got there early to check my e-mail and ease my withdrawal and lucky I did...I got to help the EPs with some official business. I actually can't say exactly what I helped with (haha I feel so sketchy FBI but it's true) but it was good that I got to spend time with them. They're big important people so the more they know me the better. :) This morning we did some typical intern stuff like delivering mail. Then we did research for a couple hours. We broke for lunch (I had a fantastic blueberry muffin from Starbucks on site and a freeze-dried cookie from Jeanie. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it) and decided to wander around the lot a bit. We'd heard Jennifer Lopez was shooting near Stage 11 so we headed that direction. Success! Sighting number 2! We couldn't get close but we sat in the golf cart and watched her film a scene before getting back to work.

This afternoon we spent some time in a different department, website. One thing they're in charge of is online giveaways so we worked on calling people to tell them what they won and organizing/packing up the items. I have never been so jealous of other people in my life! Bulgari jewelry, flatscreen TVs, autographed items from guests, iPods, DVDs, and the oh-so-sought-after Ellen thongs! We have what's called "The Cage" which is a warehouse off the side of the stage that contains mountains and stacks of crazy cool giveaway items like TVs and cars and stuff. It's like a high-ceilinged heaven. I so badly wanted to just slip some of them into my purse but nay, I have too much integrity (thanks a lot mom). But...as a consolation prize...we have what's called the "free pile" at work. Every day they put new things that no one won or the show is just sent from companies and people. We can take whatever we want!! I took home an entire swag bag today of cool shirts, jewelry, hats, CDs, DVDs and room decorations. It was pretty cool! I've also heard that at the end of the term interns get a real swag bag with legit expensive cool stuff from Ellen so we'll see. Either way, I get the feeling I'm going to need to ship an extra suitcase home. You know what, I'm okay with that! I also get discounts/wholesale on any WB merchandise and DVDs including seasons and stuff so if you have any requests let me know. I'll definitely be hitting the store up before the summer's out.

After work I came home and now I'm at Starbucks, my usual evening hang-out. Mark the coffee-man says hi! He gave me a free rice krispy treat tonight. (Just to be clear I'm wearing sweatpants Jess, okay?) Amy just text me telling me she had a tough day so I think I'm going to head home and hang out with her. She had to work late and then got lost on the way home. On a side note...I think one of my roommates has been stealing my cinnamon rasin bagels. Not okay. Detective Noriega is on the case...I'll give you status reports as my investigation develops. Miss you all!

6 comments:

  1. Tell Amy to leave your bagels alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wonder who Anonymous is??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say get me The Big Bang Theory Season 2 on DVD with your discount but it doesn't come out until September...how do you feel about being an intern a little longer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so legit mentee

    Miss you :)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in favor of it! I can see if we get it in early...you know, cause we're so "legit" (thanks mentor!!)

    ReplyDelete