Friday, June 19, 2009

Thursday's almost there...

(Amanda should appreciate that title and so should everyone who took Mrs. Rodriguez's English class @ Gaither)

So I definitely feel better today...I made it to work! I'm still kind of weak and my stomach isn't peachy keen but I'm no longer bed-ridden and in need of a concierge doctor (watch the new USA show Royal Pains...it's really good!) Hopefully I'll be as good as new for the weekend even though I have no one to spend it with. Amy's got several work obligations/social events and Ashleigh is going to San Diego with friends so it looks like I'm on my own. I may recruit some of the Ellen crew to do something...you know, I'm just trying to do my part to keep the rif-raf off the streets.
I spent time being trained at reception with Jeannie today which was a lot of fun chatting with her. We didn't have much work since everyone's just coming back today from Chicago. Basically we had gossip hour...for about 3 hours. :) I told you this job was perfect for me! Tomorrow should be back to normal. I actually am looking forward to it since I haven't seen my intern compadres in a week. Other than reception I just ran some errands around the lot. I do love the power of driving the golf cart. Just like the required "Jeep wave" that Heather taught me every Jeep owner must practice, there is also a WB golf cart "head nod law" that must be followed. No worries, the head nod skill was part of Day 1 training so I'm well-versed (and yes, that time as a debutante really put me ahead of the curve).
I finished my laundry that had been sitting in the drying for days since illness infiltrated my life. I'm sure the roomies appreciate that. Now, it's off to bed. Night!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRICIA!!!! I love my roomie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment