Sunday, June 14, 2009

Billy Ray Cyrus...Play Free Bird!!

It's really late so I appologize if I'm a little delirious in this blog. This morning I woke up and worked a Radio Disney event in a mall about an hour away. The L.A. area is so big that it's normal to drive an hour, hour and a half to get to an event. Unheard of for Tampa Radio Disney. The event started with a little bit of technical difficulty but we worked it out and it ended up just fine. Better than fine really when you think about what I got out of it. Bridget (one of my fellow RD people) had an extra set of 4 tickets to meet Billy Ray Cyrus and go to his concert tonight. So...she asked me if I wanted them and I thought, what the hay? Could be funny to go meet Billy Ray, say hi, pine for a mullet and sing about my achey breaky heart. So I asked the other interns to come and it turned into a girls night out! A GREAT girls night out I might add. We had a few drinks when we got there and immediately started making friends. :) We made friends with a woman who bought us a round because we let her use our camera in the meet and greet. So here we are, 3 young college girls, in a line of middle aged women, buzzed and anxiously awaiting meeting Billy Ray Cyrus. It was absolutely hilarious. We stuck out like sore thumbs but we were having a fantastic time just being silly. Sure enough we got in there, met Billy Ray, chatted for a few minutes and got a picture. He was really nice as expected haha. The whole last-minute of it all was just hilarious. We were acting silly and having a great time being the youngest people there. Once the concert started we were surrounded by middle aged women and southern country men. SO funny! We continued to make friends (like I do) with security guards, random guys, a group of women with free tickets, and a women who invited us to her beach house in Malibu. We got her number and might actually take her up on that! One man we talked to is playing a biker on an upcoming episode of Hannah Montana and thought he was big stuff lol. We also got in buddy buddy with one particular security guard who said he'd get us into any concert there we wanted...just let him know when. SAH-WEET! Haha I love how crazy and random life can be...especially here in LA!

So overall the three of us girls had a great time being tipsy at the House of Blues in Anaheim while watching Billy Ray Cyrus. You should have seen us get overly excited and dance to Achey Breaky Heart hahaha. Erin kept yelling out for him to play Free Bird. I wonder why everyone looked at us funny. (Uhh wrong band Erin!) We also met his daughter Brandi's band (they opened for him) and they were really cool. The drummer had a massive jew fro. I'll try to post the picture of us with Billy Ray as soon as Taylor sends it to me. I'm sure it looks as awkwardly funny as it felt. Erin told him to "break many legs" to which he said, "Wow, break many legs...that's a new one I've never got before." Hahah...yes, she made an impression, no surprise. I also don't imagine he sees many 21-year olds in his meet-and-greets either. We topped the night off (after making more friends with other audience members who offered to show us around Anaheim whenever we head out to that area again) with a late-night trip to McDonald's (classy, I know). A cheeseburger has never tasted so good. It was a really fun night and great bonding experience for us girls. Everyone who found out we were interning with Ellen was really impressed. Muahahaha! We recapped our hilarious night with funny pictures on the drive home and I couldn't be happier that we three had such a stupid, silly, out-of-the-blue evening. It just goes to show...anything can happen on a whim in LA! (As long as you get free things working for Radio Disney. Score!)

No comments:

Post a Comment