Friday, June 12, 2009

Today Will Go Down in History...

...as the day I finally got internet and cable in my house. PRAISE THE HEAVENS! I am finally back to the real world and I love it. Today was a busy day for the Lion's Den (the name of our house). Starting at 9am I dealt with the cable guy, the gas company guy, the landscaping team and the plumber. a)Cable guy did something amazing and unexpected...his job. He actually had to drill and run a whole new cable line into my room for me to get cable but I don't even care...it had to be done. So, I have cable, Amy has cable, Shaia has cable and the living room DVR works. The wireless internet reaches every computer in every room of the house. Thank God. My tumultuous relationship with Time Warner is over. No pity party here! b)The gas company guy was my favorite. He rang the bell, told me he was here, went around the back on his own, did what he had to do and I never saw him. Solid. c)The landscapers were very chatty but apparently did good work. A tree in our backyard had to be removed because of some law so Amy and Shaia were very upset with the loss of aesthetic appeal. So, our overeager landlord arranged for us to get some brand new trees that apparently are going to look very cool. d)The plumber. The only thing that really went wrong today. So he came to router the pipes leading into the washing machine so it wouldn't flood when we did laundry...and instead he delivered the fantastic news that what we actually have to do is replace all the pipes under the house for a total of 3K. Surprisingly, Jeff the landlord wasn't too thrilled to pay this so we had to send the plumber away without resolving anything. Jeff's sending another plumber for a second opinion though so hopefully it will be fixed soon. Until then I suppose I'll have to use a laundromat which is just creepy but a necessary measure.

So after that super fun and exciting morning, which also included a quick call into the radio station for my weekly update for the entertainment show, I picked up Taylor and we went to another taping of the Bill Engvall Show. Being VIP was so baller! We sat front row next to the emcee and Bill's wife! It was very cool. Ron the emcee gave me his copy of the script at the end! And Bill's wife Gayle was so nice and chatted with us during breaks and got us food from the set. The show, as always was really funny and I'm looking forward to the new season premiering in July. After the filming was over, we went to chat with our new friend who had gotten us in VIP, Ken, up at the sound/lighting booth in the back. Then we went down and got autographs from the cast again. Cool part? The cute guy remembered us hehe. :) So did another of the actors so that was sweet of them to notice us from last week. I got my script signed and we also got free cups so now I have a mini Bill Engvall swag collection to add to the Ellen heap. The best part however, was after most of the audience had left - we got invited by Gayle (Bill's wife) to go down onto the set and hang out with the whole crew!! We got to walk the set, chat with the cast and crew and....Bill Engvall got me a beer. I drank a beer with Tim Meadows and Bill Engvall. I love my life!! Haha it was really cool!! They were having a post-production party because today was the final episode of the season. Tomorrow's the real wrap party but we outsiders couldn't swing an invite to that haha. I still can't believe our luck though! I literally partied with Tim Meadows and Bill Engvall and the rest of the cast. They are such nice people, I was very pleased. Anyhow, we stayed late, got special treatment and basically totally pulled off being ballers all stemming from my amazing magical powers for making friends with the right people in random situations. I even impress myself sometimes. Taylor even said she bows to the queen of "working it"...what can I say? :)

So...productive day, fun day, long day. Now I'm tired and have to go to bed so I can wake up for my Radio Disney event in the morning. I'll leave you with this quote from the SNL man himself, Tim Meadows, to me tonight. "You look like my niece...but white." Classic!

2 comments:

  1. I sat next to Bill's wife when we went! Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I dropped the ball then. I didn't 'work it' enough to get us down on the set...

    ReplyDelete