Sunday, June 28, 2009

Go Dodgers!

Today I went to the LA Dodgers game with Austin. Bad part? We got sunburnt. Good part? We like watching baseball. Great part? We heard more MJ songs than tweenage Jonas Brothers stalkers. Best part? We ate the famous Dodger Dogs for lunch. DELICIOUS! We had a really good time watching the game even though the Dodgers lost hard. Sad, but we're going again another day so Erin can come with us. On the way home we hit up Menchie's because, well, Menchie's really doesn't require a reason. Even more delicious!
This afternoon Amy and I did pedicures and went to Pinkberry (yes, that means I had fro-yo twice in one day). I did some more housecleaning (yes, even in glamourous LA, they still have housecleaning). Then I did some laundry (even MORE exciting than housecleaning). Amy got a rad new record player so we hung out and jammed to that a bit. I watched the movie Jumper on demand (holy Hayden Christensen) and had some popcorn for dinner (it was a really healthy day as you can tell). So of course feeling bad about the Mr. Kool Aid-size amount of calories I consumed, I went running on the treadmill. We put the treadmill in the garage which works well except that if you open the garage door for air, people walking by can watch you. Sketchy? Yes. I'm not too worried about people stopping to be creepy though because I look like a "hot mess" (copyright Jessica Erin James) when I go running. Still, it's weird watching them walk by as I play air drums, air guitar and belt out whatever obscure old-school workout song is playing on my iPod (i.e. Spice Girls, LFO, Sisco etc).
Tomorrow's another day at work! I've realized how I know, for certain, that this place is exactly where I want to work. On weekends, I miss my job. I find myself coming home from a 9 hour day at work, laying in my bed for an hour, and wishing I could go back. I may hate waking up early, but every day I am excited to go to work. That's how I know this career is a keeper. It's mostly the people, but it's so much fun! We actually get another intern added to the mix tomorrow so I'll give a full report on him tomorrow. We've already joked with our bosses that if he messes up our "intern mojo" he'll be gone faster than a man who just spotted Megan Fox. Hopefully, he'll be cool though. :)
P.S. A wise friend recently told me, "Do everything you can to the best of your ability." That's good advice...use it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment