Sunday, June 14, 2009

KSM is "Rockin"

Not too exciting of a day but not bad. Most of it was spent watching TV, setting up my Media Center computer, catching up with my mom, aunt and uncle and a few FL friends. I did a little reading and I cleaned the bathroom and my room.

Tonight was pretty entertaining though. Once again Radio Disney provided me with some hilariously random entertainment. I got 4 free tickets to go see a new Disney signed band called KSM. Surprisingly, they were very "un-Disney". It's a group of 5 girls with a heavy punk rock sound. So with free tickets in hand, my roommate Ashley, her husband James, intern Taylor and myself tried to keep our utter thrill under control as we headed to the famous Roxy in Hollywood for the KSM concert. I saw on Twitter an hour before that one of my favorite Disney channel stars, Nicholas Braun was going to the show too, so we made it our mission to hunt him out. Once we got there, we realized just how easy that was going to be. Despite the fact this is normally a 18 and up club, the entire audience was made up of 15 year old girls. Lucky for us, they were still serving so we got our drinks and had a fantastic, funny time. James stuck out like a size 2 at fat camp but that just made it even funnier. The group that opened for them was so bad! They couldn't have been older that 13 but we pretended to love them and later got their autographs and a picture (in Hollywood, you just never know.) Taylor and Ashley actually had them sign their arms haha. When KSM came on stage we were actually pleasantly surprised! I really did kind of like their music even though it's not my usual taste. Our favorite part was the 15 male groupies that were moshing and crowd surfing at a Disney band's show. Nice try guys! Hahaha. We danced around like fools and had fun. We eventually found out that they sing the theme song for the new ABC Family show, 10 Things I Hate About You. Which, explains why Nicholas Braun was there- he's starring in the new series. Of course, I spotted him when he came in and after the show we made good on our mission and sought him out. He was very chill and a really nice guy. We chatted for a bit, I got my picture, and he commented on how much older I was than the rest of the crowd lol. Ya think? Yeah yeah, funny kid. He was really nice though so I'm glad we found him. One down...a lot of Disney stars to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment