Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Half-Birthday to me!

Yes, we celebrate half-birthdays. Usually I get a special dessert so I treated myself to a brownie from The Com at lunch.

Today was a day of research. Nothing too new or exciting to report. No celeb sightings haha. I did make a friend with the head editor though who was really cool. I also met a Gator alum who's a PA on the show. We just pop up everywhere! We did research most of the day so I now know EVERYTHING there is to know about anyone who's remotely considered a star in the world. And instead of feeling ashamed, I'm just happy to be so well-informed and in the loop. :) We are caught up on the 3 weeks that the department was behind so we'll only have a little to do each day instead of a massive influx of magazines from the past month. The EPs and their assistants left today for Chicago where Ellen will be taping her TBS stand-up comedy special. They're there to do prep work and get things ready for her. A good chunk of the staff is leaving next week to join then so it'll be pretty quiet around the office coming up. Hopefully it will mean we can spend some time over at the stage doing editing and different things since we'll have a little more freedom.

The Fantastic Four are taking our group shot tomorrow for the Ellen Family Wall so tonight we got together to make matching shirts. If you're familiar with Ellen, you'll understand them. They say: Laugh. Dance. Intern. Clever huh? Anyhow, we'll become a part of the wall tomorrow which is exciting. Everyone seems overly happy with our work thanks to the past semesters of slacker interns so that's good. They love us! I also found out today that I will be asked back as an intern for another semester if I want it. It's SUCH a tough call for me because I would LOVE to be there during an active filming season but I just don't know how I can miss a semester of school with my baller roommates and last year of football. :( UGH! Life decisions... Well, I guess that's all for today - it was pretty standard. But I think it's a good sign that even my standard days are fun for me! :) Love you all!

P.S. Detective Noriega solved the case of the missing bagels swiftly as expected. The culprit unfortuantely can't be prosecuted because I'm just happy she could eat something other than Saltines (hint hint). But next time... ;)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Half-Birthday! Jenn looked at me weird the first time I told her we celebrate them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed your half birthday. How could I forget. I guess I am a bad Mom. Love ya though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't stay women, we got tours to give!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another internship?? wow.. if you don't want it, i'll take it! HAHA kidding, i have school too unfortunately : ( sounds like you're doing awesome - so happy for ya, girl!
    -erica

    ReplyDelete