Saturday, August 1, 2009

Boating

This morning it was actually raining so we had to spend it inside. It was still nice though because we had a family Yatzee smackdown. Yes, my family is really into board games. Sadly, I did not win. In fact, I got schooled every game. Per usual my Uncle Gary totally owned but now I know his secret. Let everyone now know...the trick to always winning at Yatzee is the wrist action. You wouldn't believe how often it really did work. It was actually kind of creepy but I will no longer question my uncle's word when it comes to Yatzee. It's all the wrist. I will never forget it.
It cleared up this afternoon so after lunch we went out and got plenty of boating in, even if it was a bit chilly. My aunt and uncle's family friends came over with their daughter and I helped her learn to wakeboard. She picked it up really fast! So...either I'm a really great teacher (ha) or she's naturally athletic. I'm going to guess the latter since I have no experience instructing. Either way, we had a nice time boating and boarding and skiing until the evening hours when we took a cruise around the lake to see the mansion some guy's been building for years. It's HUGE!! Gorgeous and huge but it doesn't look like it'll be finished because apparently he's not in debt and the government's after it. Oops! Haha, sure is cool to look at though. One day...it will be mine! We grilled out burgers and brats for dinner and then the family played dominos and watched TV and read. Lovely and relaxing and perfect for making sure I'm not too sore to board again in the morning. Yay!
P.S. My cousin Dave got me into this cool site called omegle.com where you can talk to strangers from around the world without telling them any personal information. I'm learning about other cultures with my Insta-PenPal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment