Monday, August 3, 2009

Last Full Week @ Ellen

My time is quickly coming to an end here in LA. It's quite sad but there's still fun to be had! (Hey, that rhymed) I was really tired today after my busy weekend and late night. But I did make it in to work on time. We split the day between booking people in audience and helping prep Ellen's dressing room for the new season. She's getting new furniture, rugs, decorations etc. I mean, the old ones were sooo last season. I have to admit I find it silly to spend such huge hoards of money on rugs and art when you intend to get rid of it in 9 months...but I suppose if you're that rich you can do as you wish! Speaking of the ubiquitous "you", Ellen came into the office today. Lots of people who have been off for a couple months are back now so it's busy again. That includes the EPs, Craig and Ellen. She was only there for a little while to have a new season projection meeting but I did see her and she smiled at me. I'm not sure if the interns will get an official introduction but she was nice enough to wave and recognize me which I appreciate. She'll probably be around for my last couple weeks for short times as we plan for the new shows but she doesn't spend much time in the office. She usually sticks around the stage and after seeing her dressing room, I can't blame her! It's huge and really nice with just about everything you could possibly want. The receiving room actually has a hairdresser/make-up chair AND a barber chair. Apparently the differing heights are required because she gets her hair cut every week and styled every day. The dressing room is basically a miniature house...that's nicer than my real house. But hey- I'm not a super rich hilarious comedian with 30 years of hard work in the public eye under my belt.
So I really like working in audience because the girls down there are so much fun but I do miss being up with everyone else in the office. Audience is so loud that they stick them downstairs by themselves so they don't disturb everyone. It's fun because we can be loud and funny and have dance parties but it can be lonely if we don't get to see our usual friends we've been working with for weeks. Anyhow, we take turns running upstairs to visit around the other offices so we can excape the audience pit every now and then. So, after work I gave myself a pedicure and now I'm going to bed early. I am in serious need of sleep. Tomorrow's another day and I think it will involve some Menchie's. I'm starting to have withdrawls from the lack of fro-yo for 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment