Sunday, August 9, 2009

Teen Choice Awards!

Believe it or not, the Teen Choice Awards was not the only time I saw Miley Cyrus today. Let me start at the beginning. On my way to Santa Clarita to pick up Erin, I stopped by Michael's to get a picture frame for us to make a present for Megan and Gabi. What do you know...Miley and her mom were there shopping!! So of course I stalked them a little staying a safe aisle away at all times until I actually ended up in the fram aisle where I needed to be. As I reached up to pick out the one I wanted, she and her mom passed by and I got really distracted. I turned to look and in my excitement, I caused a chain reaction which sent 6 picture frams crashing to the floor. Yes, they all broke. Yes, glass shattered everywhere. And yes, Miley and her mom stopped, looked and me and laughed. Unfortunately they didn't stop to chat but we did share a laugh. Needless to say, I was really embarrased but entertained at the same time haha. Luckily an employee came over and said it was no problem and cleaned it up. I didn't have to pay for them or anything and he was really nice about it. It amazes me the kind of stories I come home with at night.
Anyhow, after my brief and mortifying celebrity "encounter" I picked up Erin and we met Austin at the studio. We spent some time working on our intern goodbye project. You guys have no idea...it's going to be so sick!! Haha and we've had a blast making it. As if my day wasn't rad enough by then, Austin drove Erin home and then we met back up for...THE TEEN CHOICE AWARDS!!
I got to go to an actual awards show in LA! Next time I go to an awards show...I'll be the one with a 5 person entourage escourting me to my assigned seat on a couch in the front row. :) It was such an insanely cool experience! I got to see like 20 of my favorite stars all together in the same place. It was like 5 concerts in one because Jonas Brothers (who hosted the whole thing) performed, Miley Cyrus performed, Black Eyed Peas (who came from the air on wires and surfboards which was by far the coolest entrance of the night) and Sean Kingston. I can't even tell you the number of celebs I was so close to, whether they were accepting, presenting, or just there. Ellen was there ironically haha. The biggest hit of the night was actually the Twilight cast which makes me sad but in reality, that movie is pretty terrible. From what I can tell, the movie is only really enjoyed by people who have read the books and are therefore already fans of the series. But the screams for Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner were as loud as Jonas...trust me, that's saying something. :) Anyway, I will never forget this experience and I am so glad I got to do it. Plus the fact that it was the TEEN Choice Awards...think about it- that's like my mothership! The whole night was just unbelieveably AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment