Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last Day In L.A.

All is done. I am officially homeward bound. After everything is over, one thing comes to my mind. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH to my wonderful Mom and Dad who are the reason I was able to have this unbelievable summer. Yes, because they birthed me (supposedly...it's still a matter of discussion among the extended family) but more so because they financed me. :) And we all know, I'm not cheap. In all seriousness, this has been the most amazing summer of my life and I owe it to them being willing to help me live in LA for 3 months with no pay. Thank you so much for that and I love you both!
As for how I spent my final day in the city...it was a mixture of sad and happy. I packed all morning which was depressing but in the afternoon Blair, Mel and I went to Santa Monica Pier and Promenade. We walked along the pier with it's beautiful weather and took pictures and saw the street performers. Still, little things would remind me about missing Ellen and LA...such as Erin texting me she missed me or Dante texting me "Joke's over. You can come back now." I actuallly woke up this morning at 8:30am and freaked out because I thought I was late to work. Major bummer when I realized I had no work to go to haha. From the pier we got Pinkberry and went shopping along the promenade. It's probably the most reasonable prices I've seen in the entire city and I still couldn't afford anything haha. So much for coming back to Florida with a trendy new style! Still, we had a nice time and B and M got some cute stuff. For dinner we picked up Amy which was great since I wanted to spend time with her before I left, and went to the famous Ketchup restaurant. Blair picked it because it's featured on a lot of TV shows and films and it was a really rad place. They had 5 different flavored ketchups for these fancy fries and the food was delicious! Yum! :) We dropped Amy off at a work function then drove through Beverly Hills so they could see the houses that we will all (except Amy as she so eloquently pointed out) will only ever be able to dream about. They sure are beautiful! Who knows...maybe someday. ;) On the way home we went to the Griffith Observatory to see the stars and check out the earth and space exhibits because I love that place. The night wasn't really great for stargazing but our visit paid off for sure. The very last thing I did in LA was stand at the top of the Hollywood Hills looking out at the lights of the city. It was bright right up to the horizon and the beach. It was so gorgeous and the perfect way to end my summer.
It's hours later now and I'm still awake because I've been struggling, and I do mean S-T-R-U-G-G-L-I-N-G to pack my stuff and more importantly, pack my car. On the way here there were 2 people, not 3 so this has presented a HUGE challenge. Not to mention the enormous amount of Ellen gear I've accumulated over the course of my internship. I may be in a family of engineers but I don't think XXXX could complete this task. Let's just say, we'll be sitting on suitcases the whole 3 day trip back. It won't be pretty...or comfortable for that matter. Speak of 3 day trip, I don't know if we'll have internet access in the hotels along the way so if I don't blog...I am so sorry in advance. Dad, feel free to text me for a 5 minute update on my travels in the morning. Fair warning though...it'll mostly be a list of music we listened to or a description of the Texas desert we saw. Boring! The trip doesn't promise anything too exciting but at least I have my awesome friends Blair and Melanie to share it with! Now it's time to go to bed because we're starting bright and early in the morning. With that I say, "Goodbye Los Angeles, goodbye Hollywood, goodbye Ellen, and goodbye to a summer I will never, ever forget.

1 comment:

  1. We are looking forward to having you home for a few days. We are very glad your summer turned out so well and hopefully result in something just as fun next summer. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete