Monday, August 10, 2009

Last Monday Ever

Today is a sad day. It was my last Monday ever as an intern at the Ellen show. Only 2 days left?? NOOOOO! Say it isn't so! I refuse to believe it. This morning I went to the airport (in rush hour traffic I might add which was horrific) to pick up Blair and Mel! Yay! I love having visitors! They dropped me off and work and went on their way to have a day sight-seeing in LA.
The interns spent the morning putting packets together and getting the conference room ready for the welcome back meeting. Today was the first day the entire staff and crew was back so they had a big meeting with Ellen. I got to see her again which is always cool but we were really busy and frazzled trying to get everything ready and getting the packets made and making sure titles and employees that had changed had the right information etc. Once that was over though, we could relax some and we went to work for Audience. I really love the kids down there...too funny! We broke for lunch and then split up for the afternoon between Audience, Research and Human Interest...the three departments who are fighting over us. The afternoon seemed to go by really fast and we took some time to walk around Stage 18 looking for celebs. No luck but Austin did see Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki from The Big Bang Theory while running an errand.
After work, Blair and Mel met me at the lot to get my patented Hilary's Personal WB Lot Tour. They spent the day going to Disneyland, Rodeo Drive, shopping and to Crumbs cupcakes. I took them through the backlot, the Gilmore Girls set (which Mel really loved), the Eastwick set, by some stages, and around the lot. Then we of course went through the Ellen office and the Ellen stage taking pictures the whole way. :) I think they really liked seeing everything. It is pretty cool to see how that stuff works. They both said they'll never look at a TV show the same way now that they've seen a stage with all the lights and cameras. By the time we finished they'd been up for 20 hours and we exhausted so we went to Boston Market and got dinner To-Go before heading home. We got ready for bed and watched the Teen Choice Awards '09 (whoo hoo I was there!) on TV before hitting the sack. Poor Blair has to wake up early to take me to work so they can have the car to go around the city tomorrow. At least room and board is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment