Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Terrrriffic Tuesday!

Not that every Tuesday working at Ellen isn't terriffic, but today was a good one. Erin had missed work a few days so we were happy to have her back today. Today we did a lot of work for Human Interest. Much like going through the newspapers from the entire summer that we did last week, we're now going through the websites of all the big news shows as well as watching a lot of the morning and talk shows on TiVo from the past 2 months looking for stories we might want to book. It takes a while and is pretty tedious but when we're together it's fun. We also did some audience booking of course and hung out with the PAs. We were also looking through more Talented Kid submission videos which can be really entertaining.
After work, Erin, Austin and I met Amy, Blair and Melanie over at Stage 25 for a taping of my favorite comedy (and my sister's favorite show)...The Big Bang Theory!! I met a studio DJ in the beginning of the summer at the Bill Engvall tapings and kept in contact with him so since he was also doing the DJing for Big Bang, he got all 6 of us VIP seats! :) We were right in the center so we could see really well and it was so much fun! It was the first episode of their new season and it was hilarious, of course. I can't wait for the season to premiere because if the level of comedy for this episode is anything like the rest...this season's going to be fantastic. Erin, Amy and I all got pulled up to the front by the emcee to do audience participation things like dance contests (Amy), Bachelorette interviewing bachelors (me) and chicken farm animals (Erin). It was HILARIOUS! Hahahaha, I wish I had it all on recording because we were too funny. By the end, everyone in the audience knew our group from our dancing in the seats to our singing to our messing around with the emcee. Erin won me an autographed picture of the cast!! She gave it to me as thanks for getting the tickets which was so sweet of her! She knew how big of a fan I am. The taping went much longer than usual (almost 5 hours) because there were some make-up changes (I don't want to give anything away) so we were all really tired at the end and fading fast, but it was still a great show and we had a blast.
Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading since the first dance party in Megan and Gabi's office two months ago...my very last day as an intern with the Ellen Degeneres Show. I am so unbelieveably sad and I don't even want to go to bed because that means waking up on my last day. I love this job so much and even more, I love the interns so much. I can't imagine not seeing them every day. I am so excited to reveal our presents to Megan and Gabi tomorrow even though I wish the day would never come. We worked hard on them and I think they're pretty creative so I'm sure they are going to freak out. Apparently interns don't usually do cool stuff when they leave. All the better for us though...we'll stand out. We're all even wearing our Laugh.Dance.Intern. shirts we made in the beginning of the summer. We're going to take some pictures of us over at the stage for our own collection. We're also hoping to not work very hard and just talk to as many people as possible and enjoy each other's company. The office loves us so much I'm sure it won't be a problem. :)

1 comment:

  1. THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!!! You are so lucky! I can't wait for the new season. Although I might have to call you to get the scoop! ;) In the spirit of Erin's generosity, don't you want to give your autographed cast picture to me as a thank you for introducing you to the show in the first place??? ;) ;) ;) Glad you got to see a taping before you left.

    ReplyDelete