Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Home" Sweet "Home"

I put the "home" in parethesis so as not to upset my mother who gets offended when I refer to anywhere but my Tampa childhood house as "home". But what I mean is...I am back at my house in LA writing this blog tonight. This morning we boated for our last day in St. Louis with the family and had perfect weather for just that. I got some color and I think the whole family will be sore for days from all the water sports. We ate lunch and hung around the house until we had to go to the airport.
I must say I usually enjoy flying but I've had my fill for a while. My first flight was really uncomfortable because the two men sitting next to me slept loudly and in my space. That flight was late so I had to run, literally, to my next gate in Phoenix so as not to mix my connection. I barely made it but thankfully I did. The second flight was much shorter and much better. We had a little turbulence but Gabrielle Union was on my flight and I got to meet her so I was happy. I also timed my book perfectly and finished reading the last page as we pulled up to the gate. Another romance novel down. I had pleasant conversation with the two people in the shuttle to my parking garage and after a brief reunion dance with Alvin the Avalon, I headed "home". Now I am exhausted, sleepy, stiff/sore and very ready for bed. Therefore, I bid you ado.
P.S. THANK YOU to Aunt Sharon, Uncle Gary and Cousin Dave for hosting us for a fantastic, fun, boating-filled weekend in St. Louis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment