Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sweet Summer Ahead!

So for the benefit of my parents who want to know what I'm doing all the time, and for the benefit of those friends (*cough mentor cough*) who want to live vicariously through me, and for the benefit of me wanting documentation for my personal memories...I am doing a blog of my summer activities. Since I am leaping head-first into the great unknown of Los Angeles, California, I don't know what exactly I will be talking about. In fact, it could end up being extremely boring and a waste of time, but that will only make everyone else love their own lives just that much more. Schadenfreude at it's best. That being said - here is what I know.

I am interning for the Ellen DeGeneres Show. The program is supposed to include time working in different departments like marketing, research, talent relations, and audience. She is on hiatus part of the summer so we won't always be filming but I'll be working. It sounds like I pick my own schedule meaning I'll be working Monday through Thursday 9-5. Cool part? She films on the Warner Brothers lot so maybe I'll see some movies being made. :)

I am also working for Radio Disney on the weekends. I do love Disney and teaching the dance moves/words of High School Musical, Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers to kids at marketing events around town.

I am living in an ADORABLE cottage-looking house in Burbank (right outside of LA) with my cousin Amy and some of her law school friends (she goes to USC Law). While the house is 45 minutes from USC...it's only 9 minutes from the WB lot and 11 minutes from the Radio Disney office!! YES!! For those of you who have never driven in L.A. - THIS IS HUGE! Traffic is ridiculous and I'll be in less of it since I'm so close.

This summer has the potential to be extremely exciting and educational and a lot of fun!! If it turns out that way, you all will have the joy of hearing all the stories and adventures. If not, you get to hear me ramble. :) And so...it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment