Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ahh, Paradise

This is why I LOVE visiting my Aunt and Uncle's lake house in St. Louis...

Slept in (despite the time chage).
Woke up to muffins, waffles, eggs and sausage cooking for breakfast.
Then the whole family - AS, UG, Amy and Dave (cool cousins), and myself went on a lovely, leisurely bike ride along a trail that used to be a train track. Ironically, we found out that a spring near where we were riding hosted one of the largest radiation dumps in the country during WWII. They claim that explains a lot about the local around here :). The weather here was a nice brisk warm but not too hot and the bike ride was really nice.

Then we all went to a winery nearby and did some wine tasting. This place had the BEST peach wine I've ever had. I know what you're thinking...what a lame, girly wine to like (and we eventually got a bottle of nice merlot), but this peach wine was perfect. Not too sweet- absolutely delicious. After ordering lunch, a baget and cheese and crackers, we sat out on the deck and listened to live music while we ate and enjoyed our bottle of wine. "The merlot was a little too robust for a merlot, but then again I'm partial to the softer California grape." (Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan anyone? Haha throwback!) We had a beautiful view of the Missouri countryside. We just don't have green hills like that in Florida.

This afternoon we went out boating on the lake. I did some wakeboarding but it was pretty choppy with all those boats out for Memorial Day weekend. I landed a few jumps and my 180 switchfoot but hopefully tomorrow I'll get the chance for more air. I bought a new wakeboard and brought it out with me to leave out here for when I visit. It's really nice. We ended with a sunset cruise and my uncle grilled for us while we sat around the pool watching the boats go by. All in all, a very lovely, relaxing day. Aside from still not being able to feel my butt from the drive (biking wasn't the best for that), I am recovered from my drive and ready to enjoy another day in this gorgeous area!

What will tomorrow bring?

1 comment:

  1. The Proctor Resort is a wonderful place! Glad you are warming up the boat for me! Tell everyone hi for me.

    ReplyDelete