Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hilary the Reality TV Star

I told you guys I might have a good story for you today and...it just so happens that I do.

So a couple months ago my good friend Jessica James called me in the middle of the night and made me fill out an application for the second season of the VH1 show Tough Love "just for fun". She was filling one out for herself and thought it would be funny if I did too. Being so easliy influenced by her "just do it" attitude, I went ahead and filled it out. I mean if she was doing it, why not? They'd never pick me. WRONG! Two days ago I got an e-mail telling me I was a FINALIST and inviting me to a final interview/mixer at a club on Hollywood Blvd. Ready for the irony?? I called Jess in disbelief and guess what?? She forgot to actually turn hers in!!!! Gee Jess, thanks for that!!! lol Anyway, Jessie being the super friend that she is, forced me to go to this mixer. She and my roommates all agreed it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. And I am so glad I did! This was the funniest experience I have ever been through. The girls were dressed SO skanky. Everyone there was fake (boobs, hair, nails, teeth, personalities). It was utterly ridiculous and SO FUNNY! I wore sunglasses so I could silently judge everyone. One girl announced how she's auditioned for every reality show since 2004. Another girl yelled out at the line, "Did anyone else have a baby in high school?" (no one answered, ouch). Another girl's dating problem was that she got violent landing her last boyfriend in the hospital and her in jail. Another girl would only date guys that look like her dad. I mean the stories I heard were FAN.TAS.TIC! The entire time I was trying so hard not to laugh. When I told my interviewer my "schtick" that I'd never been kissed she was shocked and said, "Awww, so you're a virgin?" in the voice you'd likely speak to a puppy in. Now how's that not supposed to make me feel lame? Haha And to top it off...Steve (the show's host) said "No way! And you're 21? I think I had my first kiss when I was, like, 12!" Thanks, Steve. lol After the open-bar mixer (which these psycho reality tv people took FULL advantage of) and my oh-so-supportive interivew, the woman actually told me, "If it makes you feel any better, I think you have a good chance of getting on the show!" Oh. My. God. If they actually asked me to be on this show I would laugh for hours and then turn them down. Funny thing is...the people I've told have all tried to convince me to do it haha. I just don't think I could handle the ridiculousness that is reality TV even though Tough Love is a good one. So, thank you Carley for getting me started watching the show. Thank you Tricia for making me feel like less of a pathetic dork haha. And thank you Jessica for forcing me into the hands-down funniest, most entertaining afternoon I've had in a long time. Feel free to comment this blog or call me if you want a more detailed report of my preposterous encounter.

As for the rest of my day...Amy's furniture came and looks great. I set up my computer thanks to my dad's idiot-proof "Point A to Point B" labeling and instructions and I ate dinner at an adorable authentic Cuban restaurant while watching the Magic game though the window at a store next door. While the Tough Love final interview was a true LA event, I had an even more LA moment this evening. We were brough vegan cupcakes from our gay Asian neighbors leftover from their son's 4th birthday party. How adorably LA is that? The cupcakes were great and we're all dissapointed that they're moving next month. It was a hilarious, crazy, entertaining day that is for sure. The only bad part...we found out we're not getting internet or cable until Thursday. :( I guess the people at Starbucks are just going to get used to seeing me! At least they make good smoothies. I'm dying without my TV shows though...slowly...dying... I need TV! I've been cycling through all the movies I have for now but I'm missing out on important moments in my shows so this needs to happen asap. I took some pictures of our house and my room so I'll try to post those soon. Off to bed now! Feel free to comment, judge and harass me for my ridiculous afternoon festivities.

3 comments:

  1. I have no words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, remember Hollyword is so full of fakes, I am very happy you are not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't resist putting that motherly comment in there huh?

    ReplyDelete